Reports from Autonomous Communities and Local Entities in immigration procedures – The reports issued by other administrations within the procedures of residence, residence and work authorizations and family reunification. The Regulation of Organic Law 4/2000, on the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration, approved by Royal Decree 557/2011, of April 20, establishes the possibility of submitting four types of reports, which are the competence of the Autonomous Communities, although in two of them (roots and adequate housing) they can establish these that are issued by the Local Entities.


The Report on Adequate Housing

This report must be submitted by foreigners who want to request an initial authorization for temporary residence for family reunification or when renewing it, only if they have changed their address.

In these procedures, the applicant is required to prove, among other things, that they have adequate housing to meet their needs and those of their family. To do this, you must request a report from the Autonomous Community of the place where you reside or from the City Council of your usual residence, if so established by the Autonomous Community.

To find information on where to request a report on adequate housing according to your place of residence, you should consider the following table:

CCAA Administration Institution
Andalucía Ayuntamiento
Aragón Ayuntamiento
Asturias Ayuntamiento
Cantabria Ayuntamiento
Castilla y León Ayuntamiento
Castilla-La Mancha Ayuntamiento
Cataluña Generalitat Departamento de Bienestar Social y Familia
Ceuta Ciudad Autónoma Consejería de Asuntos Sociales
Comunidad Valenciana Ayuntamiento
Extremadura Ayuntamiento
Galicia Ayuntamiento
Islas Baleares Ayuntamiento
Islas Canarias Comunidad Autónoma Consejería de Bienestar Social, Juventud y Vivienda
La Rioja Ayuntamiento
Madrid Comunidad Autónoma Dirección General de Inmigración (Consejería de Asuntos Sociales)
Melilla Ciudad Autónoma Consejería de Asuntos Sociales
Murcia Ayuntamiento
Navarra Ayuntamiento
País Vasco Gobierno Vasco Dirección de Inmigración y Gestión de la Diversidad (Departamento de Empleo y Asuntos Sociales)

The Autonomous Community or the City Council must issue the report and notify the interested party within a maximum period of thirty days from when it is requested.

In the event that the report has not been issued within that period, the provision of adequate housing may be accredited by any other means of proof admitted by Law, accompanied by a copy of the request for the report.

The report or documentation submitted in its replacement must refer, at least, to the following points:

Title that enables the occupation of the home (home ownership, rental contract, etc.)
Number of rooms, use to which each of the housing units is destined, number of people who inhabit it and conditions of habitability and equipment.
An indicative model of a report on adequate housing is attached below, which contains the minimum content that must be included in this type of report, in case it may be useful to the competent administrations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.